Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are now on our second YetiSE Plus 1.2TSI- the first time we have replaced 'like for like' in 30 years of motoring.

Got a good deal from Gordon Lamb Skoda in Chesterfield - we had our first Yeti from them about 18 months ago - straight out of the showroom so had lots of extras on it. Then had a letter with a pretty vague call back invitation to discuss a new 'special' deal.

Worked out we could have a brand new factory order for less money (per month) so it was a no brainer really.

Couple of disappointments though, the first being the unavailability of certain colours (regency green - our first choice, steel grey etc) so we ended up with shark blue - which looked very similar in the pictures to our first aqua blue Yeti but is actually 'sharper' - really like it now i've seen it in daylight!

Second disappointment was partly our fault - we wanted to spec the new Yeti up like the first one we had but with the factory detachable towbar and heated front screen as additional options - almost missed the auto lights option - thought they would be standard with the xenon headlights - they are not! Completely missed the auto dimming mirror and rain sensing wiper option completely - bit gutted really...

Lesson learned - take the original order with you if you don't want to miss anything.

Overall very, very pleased especially with the heated screen now the first frost arrived this morning!

Anyway - i have a question - is it possible to activate the rain sensing wipers - i think the auto light sensor behind the mirror is the same and contains both sensors? What additional hardware is needed if anything?

Second question - is it possible to fit a dimming mirror to replace the manual mirror we have?

If anyone has done this i would be pleased to hear from them!

Cheers

TonyP

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
I'll get the laptop out and have a play over the next few days (off work then) but even if the option is available in VCDS Skoda sometimes leave out unneeded items i.e. part of the wiring loom etc. A good example is the nearside rear fog light, the bulb and reflector are there but the wiring from the unit to the loom is not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the comments and fingers crossed that the wipers will be an easy fix with the software configuration.

Look forward to any more comments

As soon as it stops raining up here in the Peak District i'll drop a couple of pics of the Yeti's so you can see the difference with the Aqua Blue and Shark Blue!

·
Registered
206 Posts
My new Yeti is also Shark Blue which I think is a lovely colour.I have traded in an Octavia Elegance for a Yeti SE so I do not now have some of the goodies mentioned. At the moment though I am just enjoying the Yeti and not missing them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts