Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,
About to pick up my first Yeti tomorrow...Adventure 2.0 140 PS.

I've wanted one for a long time and white was my preference so a good deal on the Adventure was too tempting to miss. I love the car....BUT - what were they thinking with the upholstery tyre marks! Awful.

If anyone could recommend some decent seat covers I would be very appreciative.

Cheers

·
Registered
368 Posts
Aha - a new Yeti owner in my area, welcome to an excellent forum.Where are you picking it up from?
Can't help you on the seat covers front but feel sure someone else will.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI Rolymo
Thanks for the reply....picking it up from Jewsons.

Cheers

·
Registered
368 Posts
Cool - enjoy your new Yeti.Make sure you fill it up 'cos you won't want to stop driving it.
Have a good day tomorrow.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, that's the plan! You may see me...based in Wantage

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hope you have had a greatday outwith your Yeti by the time you read this.....

Know what you mean about the seats
Land Rover fraternity all seem to really rate Melvill and Moon covers from South Africa, very expensive but you pays your money and takes your choice. They list them for VW but not Skoda - if your interested an email may be in order: http://www.melvillandmoonshop.com/contact-us

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Enjoyed my first week with the Yeti....took it on a drive to Derbyshire. Very happy with it.

One thing bugging me (apart from the upholstery) is the digital speedometer is in kph....I see from the forum this can't be changed. Annoying.

Cheers

·
Administrator
5,137 Posts
Very useful though if you cross the Channel.

Seems a modern vehicle requirement is to have both MPH and KPH display.

It's probably just me but I have never found the Yeti speedo easy to read the low speed MPH as it's set into the cowl just too much so it's out of eyeline without moving my head to the right. Maybe need to get my head straight.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi everyone.

Have found the MFI second speed readout in KPH to be slightly annoying, agreed it is feasible to memorise the relevant KPH to MPH readings but would really prefer the real thing.

It was mentioned it can be changed and this has also featured in other forum posts and would appreciate some guidance on the process involves and who can it now and of course what's it cost?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HI Hood,

Thanks for the information. I think I will leave it as it is, it's just a bit annoying that's all.

Overall really pleased with the Yeti!

Cheers

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
SnowGood said:
It's probably just me but I have never found the Yeti speedo easy to read the low speed MPH as it's set into the cowl just too much so it's out of eyeline without moving my head to the right. Maybe need to get my head straight.

I also find it a bit awkward, probably because of the seat /dashboard alignment it is easier to read the left hand dial. When the warranty expires in fourteen months I am going to take the dash apart and see if I can reverse the dials. It all depends if the circuit board and wiring can be re aligned.

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
Rvator said:
Hi everyone.
Have found the MFI second speed readout in KPH to be slightly annoying, agreed it is feasible to memorise the relevant KPH to MPH readings but would really prefer the real thing.
It was mentioned it can be changed and this has also featured in other forum posts and would appreciate some guidance on the process involves and who can it now and of course what's it cost?

It can be changed with VCDS which entails using software and a lead plugged into the vehicle management interface. VCDS costs around £250--£260 from Ross Tech. Cheap cables from Ebay do not do the same thing, and if used with the Ross Tech software will cease to work, as the genuine lead is licenced. As with everything else you get what you pay for. If you have someone local who has VCDS they may change it for you, some may do it free of charge, others may levy a small charge for their time and the use of their investment. It is best to take a scan first, and always record any changes made so they can be reversed if need be. Then MPH can be changed to KPH if required as an extra option becomes available in the MFD.
Edited by: The Hood

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
I also find it a bit awkward, probably because of the seat /dashboard alignment it is easier to read the left hand dial. When the warranty expires in fourteen months I am going to take the dash apart and see if I can reverse the dials. It all depends if the circuit board and wiring can be re aligned.[/QUOTE]

Oh Hoody - such a boy thing to do lol that thought would not have even entered my head!

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Metrics is the way of the world
. You might as well get used to it now because it isn't going away.

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
plbxr said:
Metrics is the way of the world
. You might as well get used to it now because it isn't going away.

That may be so, but if all road signs are in MPH it is worth a try. You never know just as English will eventually become the universal language maybe feet and inches will have a revival. Although it is easier to count in metric I find it easier to estimate in good old imperial.

If you are ever in a foreign country and need help, seek out a chemist or Optometrist and I bet they will speak English, just as Air Traffic Controllers do.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The Hood said:
If you are ever in a foreign country and need help, seek out a chemist
or Optometrist and I bet they will speak English
Yep! Almost guaranteed if they are under about 30. Ever been to Sweden? English is taught in schools there as part of the curriculum. But, ask them how far to somewhere and they will tell you in kilometres.
The Hood said:
...maybe feet and inches will have a revival.
Having grown up with Imperial then trained in metrics (specifically Scientific/Medical SI units ) I can say with the utmost confidence that this won't happen. Metrics is a complete inter-relationship of measurements eg volume, length and weight. Imperial is a hotch potch of convoluted unrelated bits and pieces. The only nation keeping the Imperial system going is the US, and they even have their own variations on units eg US gallons vs British gallons.
I can see a time coming in the not too distant future where the "Australian" mph mod for the Yeti will be dropped, if it hasn't been done already with the facelift. Heaven knows why VW did that mod in the first place as we have been metric since 1975.
But for those who just can't get their head around the change and aren't afraid to try things, then maybe this would be an option:
http://www.lockwoodinternational.co.uk/fabia-kmh-to-mph-conversion-dial-part-no-c821-more-details-i8242.html
End of rant.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
14,839 Posts
I don't think I would go that far, but if you think about it, in a left hand drive car the offset MPH gauge would become the inboard dial and would be easier to read. The KPH is a result of an EU directive about being able to display KPH. If the dial had MPH around the outside and KPH on the inside then there would be no need to show KPH in the MFD. The current set upis a compromise that ticks the relevant boxes for the manufacturer.You get used to it after a while.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts