Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies for the title.I ordered a new Yeti in the spring and one of the options was a factory-fitted towbar. Due to an ordering glitch the car came without one but the dealership said that they would fit one and it would be exactly the same spec. When I picked it up it wasn't so they refitted a proper Westfalia one but didn't recode the car. The car has now been recoded and, as far as I can tell, all is well EXCEPT that the car alarm does not sound if the electrics are disconnectedand the car has been locked.
From this and the BRISKODA forum I have been under the impression that this should happen.
Does anyone have a Yeti where it does?
If so, please can you give me the details of who fitted it and recoded the car?
Conversely, can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether this should actually happen?
Many thanks

·
Registered
920 Posts
Mine set the alarm going when the plug is pulled, it does not do it if you disconnect the plug soon afterl the alarm has been set by locking the car. wait a minute or so!
Northwest Towbars in Stockport fitted and programed mine I didn't have any factory prep and it worked perfectly.

http://www.northwesttowbars.co.uk/

Tel: 0161 474 7474

·
Administrator
14,842 Posts
If it still does not work after taking Rick T's advice. The dealer isin the wrong, if they do not put things right give Skoda UK a call, they are very helpful. It's surprising how helpful a dealer gets after a call from SUK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I must admit first thing I'm planning once I pick mine up is connecting it to my caravan towing electrics and making sure all works as it should.

·
Registered
828 Posts
As has been mentioned before a time or two it all comes down to the coding. Mine works as it should and was fitted by my supplying dealer, Sherlodge garage of Rainham, Kent. It was the first they fitted and they managed a 'proper job'In fact car and bar are earning their keep hauling or caravan through France, heading for Chamonix.
Car is just under 2 years old.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts