Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive just completed a days off road training with the Yeti at Whitecliffe off road centre, I would recomend them to everyone, from flat mud to extreme slopes and none damaging. - http://www.whitecliff4x4.co.uk

The Yeti off road system performed better than I thought in places, especially down 45 degree muddy slopes and hill starts, it never got even slightly stuck in 9 inches of gloopy mud topped with water. A fantastic result but, the traction control wouldn't work in a cross axle situation (front ns and rear os wheels off the ground balancing on the other two on a 25 degree slope) it just let the suspended wheels spin!!! The manual is a little vague, in that it seems to indicate that in extreme conditions, where you would need it most, the traction control switches itself off! 4 wheels in contact with the ground seems to work fine.

Anyone else come across this or similar issues? Or can answer why???

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Did you keep your foot planted to the accelerator in the "cross axle" or did you ease off, even slightly?
Natural instinct is to ease off, which is the opposite of what you should do.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried both. It did seem to happen when I stopped and tried a cross axle restart, other times 2 wheels on mud, 2 on gravel it worked fine. I must say Yeti excelled itself in gloopy mud, though I did have a set of DunlopSport D4 winter tyres on, even the break-over angle on slopes seemed better than I expected.
I just may not have been aggressive enough??

·
Premium Member
4,701 Posts
Yes, you need to "plant it" in that situation to get it to work, but be prepared to lift off very quickly when all 4 wheel grip is resumed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts