Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered my new Yeti Elegance GreenLine II 1.6 TDI CR 105PS yesterday from mitchells in Ellesmere Port. Went and tried the Nissan Qashquai, the Hyundia IX35 and the Ford C-Max. None of them even came close, I was always going to go to the Yeti last anyway because it was my favourite. The wife however really fancied the Qashquai, until she got in it. As soon as she got in the Yeti she was sold she loves it. It is a bitter sweet deal for me as being disabled is the reason that I can get this beautiful car, Now I am looking for a tailgate tent, have looked at packashack, was wondering if there is anyone out there that has thought of making one that is Yeti specific, probably not. Anyway people please let me know what extras you all think I should order to make the experience even sweeter I am already interested in heated front windscreen, if that exists for this model

·
Registered
423 Posts
Sorry to say the heated front screen is not available on the Greenline models afaik, together with several other desirable items like a spare wheel.... its to keep the weight and the emissions down below 119g/km. But you do get Stop/Start, kers etc.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, Yea I should have thought on because I did fancy some cool 18" wheels but as Richard at Mitchells said there are special low resistance tyres on the greenline, plus many other things that you can't have. Real shame about the heated windscreen though

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Fat Ted said:
Thanks for that, Yea I should have thought on because I did fancy some cool 18" wheels but as Richard at Mitchells said there are special low resistance tyres on the greenline, plus many other things that you can't have. Real shame about the heated windscreen though
Why would you be concerned about low-resistance tyres? They only decrease fuel consumption by 2% at best compared to normal tyres. Besides, these days low-resistance tyres are quite common and many brands and sizes are available...including 18 inch. You could get yourself a good set of rims that you like and have LR tyres fitted, or anything that takes your fancy. Enjoy your Yeti...personalise it the way YOU want to.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
The problem with the Greenline is that if you make it heavier it will increase the emission levels, it is sold as a low emission vehicle hence the very low road tax, it must be very tight if they have to exclude a heated front screen. At present there is nothing stopping you adding things after you have bought it, although it will work out more expensive than when bought as an extra. The other option of course is don't buy a Greenline get the extra's that you want and pay a bit more road tax.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but as I said mine is on mobility and have you seen the difference in the up front price if I were to go for the none greenline version

·
Registered
36 Posts
16" wheels are generally thought to be best suited to the Yeti anyway, if you go for 18"s the ride noticeably suffers.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The 16 inch rims make a lot more sense in the rough stuff as well. Pug reported damage to his rims on his last outback road trip, and his Yeti has the 17 inch rims.

·
Administrator
13,096 Posts
I use 16" wheels with my winter tyres, the ride is much better. I think that 18" with lower tyres to maintain the circumference would be very unpleasant

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The tyre saga is one I have been very involved with in a past life, wheel size and tyre sidewall are very important factors in performance cars and off road vehicles. the choice of sidewall can also be contributory factors in things like bodyroll. At present I have an Alfa Romeo Sportwagon with eibac springs and Koni FSD's on it and I have purposely kept the 16" wheels with a 55 sidewall on the tyre otherwise the ride would be horrendous, also a higher sidewall is much more forgiving when pressing to the max in bends. With a small sidewall there is no slope to roll down just an edge to fall off. Still those days are long past now, but I still do like to see a wheel arch full of wheel rather than tyre and inner wing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts