Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new on here and still waiting for my Yeti (next month I hope!)

I've gleaned loads of useful information from this forum, so thanks to all of you.

Being new, I wondered if anyone had ever considered producing a 'Yeti Owners Club' sticker?

Everyone on here is very proud of their cars. Thought we could advertise our interest in each others vehicles, and this forum and maybe spread the word?

It may have been suggested before, as I say, I'm new!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Happy and Fierce Yeti stickers are available.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Hood. I was aware of that sticker. I'll be getting one when my car eventually arrives.

I wanted to ask you another question, if that's ok.

One of the reasons for getting an Elegance is to get electric folding mirrors. I use a lot of lanes and folding them in saves them getting ripped off by approaching vehicles. I read somewhere that you can only fold the mirrors in at a speed of less than 15KPH. Is that true? My Subaru Legacy folding mirrors will fold at any speed. Under 15KPH is at best useless as I only fold them in when I have to. Still want them out for normal driving, and on approach to narrow lanes, I fold them in.

You advice on this would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
Graham said:
Thanks Hood. I was aware of that sticker. I'll be getting one when my car eventually arrives.

I wanted to ask you another question, if that's ok.

One of the reasons for getting an Elegance is to get electric folding mirrors. I use a lot of lanes and folding them in saves them getting ripped off by approaching vehicles. I read somewhere that you can only fold the mirrors in at a speed of less than 15KPH. Is that true? My Subaru Legacy folding mirrors will fold at any speed. Under 15KPH is at best useless as I only fold them in when I have to. Still want them out for normal driving, and on approach to narrow lanes, I fold them in.

You advice on this would be appreciated.

I've just been out and given it a try, the fastest I could get them to fold at was and indicated 21KPH which is 13 mph

·
Registered
920 Posts
The letters ''Yeti''and the position have changed on the F/L tailgate so that sticker looks like it isn't going to fit.

·
Registered
108 Posts
RickT said:
The letters ''Yeti''and the position have changed on the F/L tailgate so that sticker looks like it isn't going to fit.

AARGh no! No round fogs and no room for the sticker! Another black mark for the F/L

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
The logo at the head of the page is probably copyright protected,so it would depend if Dan would allow a copy being used as a club sticker,these people do a selection of Yeti items and make "own" designs.

http://www.cafepress.co.uk/+yeti+gifts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hood......thank you so very much for checking the operation of the wing mirrors. Not sure where I read that they will only fold up to a certain speed. That is a real pain for me. It must be some stupid safety idea. My friends Land Rover Freelander has the same system.

Oh! well, I'll have to live with it. Not the end of the world but still a pain. I wonder if that restriction could be overridden? Probably something in the ECU would need to be re programmed?

With regards the sticker, it would be good to use the header on this site, together with the web address. It could generate more interest for the site? Not sure how much it would cost but worth investigating, with permission, obviously.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
I suppose it makes sense really, if you are about to enter a lane which is so narrow you need to fold the wing mirrors it is not a good time to start fiddling with a switch on the door.
30 mph is 45 feet a second, so it could prove embarrassing spending 135 feet not looking what you are doing.

With the sticker, would we need a pre and post FL version, as the logo above has quite a rounded profile at the front. And would we have make it a bearded driver with a dog, in a steel grey Yeti.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The Hood said:
...And would we have make it a bearded driver with a dog, in a steel grey Yeti.
Queue Rolymo..........again!

Edited by: plbxr

·
Premium Member
6,021 Posts
Nice day so I have applied 3, 2 Yeti Owners Club in rear side windows and a Happy Yeti to bonnet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts