Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hunting around online trying to find out as much as I can about the Skoda Yeti as I'm pretty sure I would like to buya Skoda Yeti Elegance.

But I've come across various people complaining about the paintwork like it chips easily or there is paint blisters caused by the galvanising process before the body is painted

Is this a few one offs or is it a general problem with the yeti paintwork.

Opinions please

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ooo errr, I hope note, because we are getting an Elegance on 1st March. No doubt if anyone has any comments they will respond, but I'm hoping it's all to the good and you can go ahead and become a Yeti owner.

·
Administrator
14,832 Posts
There used to be problems with the rear doors being damaged by road debris,Skoda's answer was to fit foils, mine has covered over 28000 miles without any problems.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I haven't read anything about paint blisters but, as was said earlier by Hoody, road debri can be a potential problem. Most people find that fitting mud flaps helps to stop it a bit and aren't an expensive option. Paint protection film seems to be the ultimate answer to stopping stone chips but can be pricey.

·
Registered
920 Posts
In 2.1/2 years I've been hit by loads of stones but only one has managed to chip the paint. There's not any other marks on it, When I trade in in a couple of weeks someone will be getting a near perfect car.
Edited by: RickT

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have to say that I have an elegance in black magic. Only two years old and I am seeing evidence of corrosion from behind the paintwork.My diver side runner has also completely lost its paint simply from my shoes catching it, and rust is setting in. Very disappointing.

I will be discussing this with my garage as a warranty issue.

Steve

·
Registered
471 Posts
Mountain Goat said:
I have to say that I have an elegance in black magic. Only two years old and I am seeing evidence of corrosion from behind the paintwork.My diver side runner has also completely lost its paint simply from my shoes catching it, and rust is setting in. Very disappointing.

I will be discussing this with my garage as a warranty issue.

Steve
Hi Steve
The rule of thumb for most warranty paint issues is:
If you have "evidence of corrosion from behind the paintwork" it's covered by warranty but if the paint is rubbed/removed by "every day" use it is not likely to be covered.
Just wondering if it is possible to cover the vulnerable area with "foils" - clear vinyl to help any future issues?
Best of luck & let us know how you get on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts