Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
That is a really nice pic Banjo. Great colour contrasts.
What part of WA?...please don't say "the sandy part".

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
94 Posts
Wonderful piccie Banjobach!
Did you wash the Yeti just off-camera before taking the photo? Every bit of it looks so clean!
The arid conditions and red earth brought memories flooding back of living in Kenya. I had a Mazda323 that I drove all over the country including around many National Parks where I experienced very similar landscapes.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
plbxr said:
That is a really nice pic Banjo. Great colour contrasts.
What part of WA?...please don't say "the sandy part".
This photograph was taken in the Western Australian Goldfields area, north of Norseman and south of Kalgoolie.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bwanamdevu said:
Wonderful piccie Banjobach!
Did you wash the Yeti just off-camera before taking the photo? Every bit of it looks so clean!
The arid conditions and red earth brought memories flooding back of living in Kenya. I had a Mazda323 that I drove all over the country including around many National Parks where I experienced very similar landscapes.
I'm glad you asked about the cleanliness of the Yeti, because I have been experimenting with car polishes for years and have developed a polish which repels dirt. Ha, ha.

The truth is the day before we had been hammered by rain as we drove across the nullarbor. In fact the rain was so heavy that I was forced to drive at 50km an hour at one point, with the thought of actually pulling off the road to stop for awhile. The rain also continued for most of the night leaving the Yeti clean and dry the next morning. The photo was taken about 4 hours later and only a short time after leaving the bitumen.

We enjoy many parts of the bush in W.A. especially in spring after the rains, which brings the bush alive after the long hot summers. Plenty of green, lots of wild flowers and wildlife too, which causes you to well and truely keep your eyes busy while driving.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well at least you cannot say you have not been warned of the dangers of wildlife on the road, across the nullarbor. Camels, Wombats and Kangaroos. Emus are not listed, but I have seen many on the nullarbor. Nulla = No or none, Arbor = tree, therefore the nullarbor is a treeless plain.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Hey Banjo, I was wandering how the Yeti handles the rocks and gibbers in outback WA. Do you have enough ground clearance and do they damage the 17" rims with the low profile tyres fitted? I have heard elsewhere they can be a problem.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
plbxr said:
Hey Banjo, I was wandering how the Yeti handles the rocks and gibbers in outback WA. Do you have enough ground clearance and do they damage the 17" rims with the low profile tyres fitted? I have heard elsewhere they can be a problem.
plbxr, During the 70s and before family commitments arrived we travelled the Canning Stock Route (punctures and 1 discarded tyre), Gibb River Road, the Gunbarrel (punctures and 1 discarded tyre) and lots of the Western Australian Goldfield's bush tracks, so I know the type of country you ask about. However, I doubt that I will take the Yeti into some of that harder country, because it is not built for such bush bashing, especially with the lesser ground clearance and low profile tyres, besides that we all have to admit it is not a dedicated four wheel drive with low range. But with my knowledge and hopefully my memory of the places we like, we will give the Yeti a fair testing and have already started to do so. To wit, I am already starting to appreciate the Yeti's limits and up-to-now am pleased with the it's capabilities.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts