Yeti Owners Club banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,128 Posts
Do you gain length with the spare removed?
No, it's only the tyre that lifts the boot.
But without the spare the floor is more or less level whereas the spare creates about a 5" step down to the floor if the rear seats are tipped up or removed.

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
688 Posts
Do you gain length with the spare removed?
The rear seats can slide forward to give more boot space but with the spare that leaves a drop off and not a flat floor.

Do you need the extra length as well as carrying rear passengers?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Okay, it's the length I was hoping to be longer than the Jazz, considering it's a bigger car, but saying that, it isn't smaller so I can live with that for something a bit more interesting.
In the Jazz, I can fit my mtb, with the front wheel off, flat on the back with the seats down. I want to be able to do the same in the Yeti, but was hoping for a bit more length, as bikes are getting longer. I don't want to be taking seats out every time I don't my bike in as it only takes seconds in the Jazz.

·
Registered
Yeti 2017 2.0TDi 4x4 L&K DSG
688 Posts
Okay, it's the length I was hoping to be longer than the Jazz, considering it's a bigger car, but saying that, it isn't smaller so I can live with that for something a bit more interesting.
In the Jazz, I can fit my mtb, with the front wheel off, flat on the back with the seats down. I want to be able to do the same in the Yeti, but was hoping for a bit more length, as bikes are getting longer. I don't want to be taking seats out every time I don't my bike in as it only takes seconds in the Jazz.
You don't have to take the seats out.

The fold forward, tumble up or remove totally.

This is a video for take out but you can see how you can fold flat, tumble forward or remove.

You could fold/tumble/remove the middle seat for the bike and leave the other two seats in position

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
The hook on the back of the two outer rear seats you see briefly in the video logiclee posted hooks on the head rest posts to hold the seat in the tumble forward position.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Taken a couple of pics to show how I load my bike the majority of the time:
Back seats down:
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Trunk Automotive design

Bike in(excuse the quality, had to take this in the dark):
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,128 Posts
Taken a couple of pics to show how I load my bike the majority of the time:
Are the rear seats and retractable load cover standard?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 · (Edited)
Yes, they are like this of every Jazz on this age. I think newer ones lost the retractable cover, but all have the seats.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
The front passenger seat also reclines flat, so you can lay things straight up the car. As I said earlier, I managed to fit a 6.5ft door in it once. Hoping for similar practicality in the Yeti, but not sure I'm quite going to get that.The Jazz is 36cm shorter than the Yeti as well!

·
Administrator
5,898 Posts
The Jazz has a very good reputation for loading versatility and you wouldn't get the same flat floor so easily in the yeti. It's just the yeti has a different form of versatility that comes with higher ground clearance and seating position. As others have said bikes will still fit in the back.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I think I'll just have to live with the reduced practicality, at least the Yeti makes up for it in other ways.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts