Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
13,405 Posts
I have read of a couple of small gatherings where some Yeti owners have gone off tarmaced roads. There was even a short video clip on a landrover forum but their remarks were rather unflatering, I sometimes have to drive defenders at work (a good workhorse but not particularly comfortable)so it's horses for courses, but I have not not read of a national meet. I suppose with the cars spread quite thinly it is dificult getting sufficient numbers. I think Wakev went to a small gathering.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The closest you will get is either a local gathering for a pub lunch and maybe a spot of greenlaning (as mentioned above by The Hood) or a better attended Skoda meet via a website more in tune with all Skoda models rather than just the Yeti.

I went to an Essex meet attended by 18 vehicles in March (via Briskoda) and it was a nice afternoon out. Obvously with all the Octavias and Fabias there was no greenlaning though. :)

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
We had a "Yeti Adventure" in Wales 2 years ago, and I am being pressured by others to arrange something again. The problem is only gettting one full weekend off a month restricts me somewhat.

Some photos here:
http://s173.photobucket.com/albums/w56/Llanigraham/Yeti Welsh Adventure/

One of the problems with a green laning event is that the recommendation is no more than 5 vehicles in a convoy.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I have been to 2 first one was in Yorkshire (swmbo needed to do a bit of family tree work up there, so we had a weekend trip up and did the meet as well not off road though only had the 1.2 2x4 then). had a really good day with 3 other owners trip across the moors and a visit to the heartbeat village of Aidensfield, then finished up in Whitby for fish and chips

The 2nd was a meet in a pub for lunch just south of London we managed to get 5 at that meet.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts