Yeti Owners Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for bringing up this up but just about to fit my OEM rear mudflaps and Ive noticed that the bottom of the mudflap is not sitting flush tp the bumper, on closer inspection there appears to be a plastic web preventing this see photos. Now there must be a reason for this but I can remove it has anyone else had this issue?
Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Grille Automotive design

Whats the tiny plastic web underneath just one of the plastic tabs as this is preventing
the mudflap from sitting flush
Tire Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive design

·
Premium Member
2015 Elegance Greenline II
7,023 Posts
Couple of things, I take it you realise there are different ones for the City and Outdoor versions of the Yeti.
You say OEM, do you mean Skoda branded?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes ordered from Skoda garage and Skoda branded. All holes line up and moulds into the rear valance perfectly
but there is a small plastic web underneath the tab (as in photo) that is stopping it fitting flush.
I could remove the tiny plastic or cut a small gap in the valance where the 2 plastic tabs fit over and then use the metal clip that came with the mudflaps. Not a big issue but just wondered why its there?
because it doesn't fit flush the existing T25 screw will not reach the hole

·
Premium Member
Kia Niro HEV2 and MG Midget
5,874 Posts
I can't work out where this bit is; can you take a photo from a bit further away?

And it would be useful to know exactly what Yeti you have, sicne there can be variations across a few models, as stated by Urrell.

·
Registered
2016, Yeti SE L, 1.2 dsg. Quartz Grey, black roof, Gobi Sand
20 Posts
its from a 2016 Yeti 1.2 DSG the plastic web is under this tab on both rear mudflaps
View attachment 6807
Hi CLJXR,
Hard to distinguish what the tab is obstructing. Interested to see how you progress, as need front guards fitting (non outdoor versions).

Off topic, sorry. What tyres are you running and what psi.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts