Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone experience of the Skoda accessory front seat covers?

We are thinking ahead of hopefully soon acquiring a Yeti. We travel often with our Siamese cat normally restrained with a lead and harness by either my wife or myself sitting in the rear seat however she has a tendency try to climb up the back of the front passenger seat before we can prevent her and has to be disengaged with normally no ill effect to the fabric seat of our current vehicle.

It is likely we shall be going for the Elegance with the leather seats so my question is about the front seat covers sold as accessories do they cover the back of the seat?The images available only show the cover over the front of the seat with what appears to be straps only around the back of the seat.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Guys thanks for replying.

Already have the cage and use it as necessary however the journey is over 5 hours so allow our Siamese some freedom but restrained by harness and lead.

The query was regarding the seat covers offered as the Skoda accessory and whether anyone has experience of using one and if the seat back is covered.Guess by the response that they are not on the must have wish list for the Yeti.

Hey 'fedup' how could you possibly suggest selling our cat!!!Clearly you have not lived with Siamese ........

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
The only problem I can see is that even with covers on that meet your your specs they may not be thick enough to stop his/her claws penetrating straight through the material to the leather seats beneath.

ps How do you put up with a Siamese "talking" down your ear for 5 hours? You deserve a medal.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi,
I to have a siamese cat so I know how demanding and chatty they can be.

My yeti has material seats however I have actually fitted a set of aftermarket sheepskin seat covers to my front seats, air bag compatible of course.

They a really thick good quality ones about 20mm thick sheepskin where you sit and then about 10mm synthetic material across the backs of the seats, there is also a map pocket in the backs which offers even more protection.

I haven't actually travelled with our cat in the yeti as of yet - try to avoid it whenever possible due to his very loud nature.

This type of seat cover would afford a set of leather seat good protection

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Sheepskin covers would be good but I think they would need to be full-sheepskin not synthetic backed. I had a semi-synthetic set years ago and when they eventually fell apart (sun exposure) they got cut up and recycled as pet blankets. Our pets love their sheepy blankies.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks plbxr and iwilt appreciate your additional thoughts.iwilt any chance of a link to the after market sheepskin covers you purchased.

We travel with 'Amy' our Red Point Tabby to avoid leaving her in the cattery so I guess having her talk for the journey is part of it however she does usually settle in the basket during the trip so there is respite.I think if your Siamese does not talk there would probably be something wrong but it is a bit like constantly barking dogs, children that keep up the noise level, the motorway traffic noise or even the mother in law that won't stop talking one just eventually ignores it all and you don't hear it in the end.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Rvator, I'm not sure which country you are in. I'm in Australia and bought mine from Supercheap Autos.I bought the gold cloud model with seperate headrests. They are a universal fit - not vehicle specific. The fitment was really good and the more you sit in them the more they mould to the seats.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi iwilt, I've been looking for a decent set of sheepskin covers. Tried these,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/SHEEPSKI...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item54022d6df5

Had to return them, terrible fit. So tight they pulled the bolsters in and formed taut trampolines in the seat and backrest. Headrests were a poor fit too. I thought custom made was the likely solution, but the price made me balk.

Could I trouble you for a few pictures? Supercheap have the Platinums on sale "til Monday.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Platinum...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ec93e031f

·
Registered
42 Posts
I took iwilt's recommendation and ordered the Platinum Cloud's from Supercheap Auto while they were still on special. Arrived yesterday, and I just fitted them. Not bad.

24mm fleece, 5 year warranty, $600 saved over custom made
Thanks to iwilt.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Very, very nice

·
Registered
8 Posts
Can I suggest the aftermarket back of seat covers as sold on eBay. They are meant to protect the back of the front seats from muddy boots of children sitting in the read seats and are very durable clear vinyl. They only cover the back of the seat so you still have the luxury of sitting on leather in the Elegance.
I think I paid £3.50 each for mine and use them to protect the back of the rear seats when my two muddy border collies are in the boot.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I got universal front seat covers from Euro car parts, they didn't fit, I got my money back no problem. I then got HDD 202heavy duty waterproof fabric from a local motor factor, about £20 each. They are universal so not a perfect fit, but they are good enough and reallygood quality. Would recommend them.

·
Registered
154 Posts
E-bay, just do a search on Yeti seat covers.
I got a full set, if memory serves me well around £60
All tailored for a perfect fit on both front and rear.

Only problem was the fitting, as the rear comes in 6 separate sections.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts