Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone changed the driver and front passenger seats in their car? I bought a 2016 SE L with heated leather and electrically adjustable driver's seat a few weeks ago and I'm not getting on with the driver's seat at all. It's really not comfortable no matter how I adjust it.
I'm wondering if VW Tiguan seats might be a direct swap. My wife had three Tiguans in a row before she bought a Karoq last year and I had no issues with the seats in those or indeed in the Karoq.

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
It is generally agreed that the Leather electrically adjustable driver's seat is the most comfortable Yeti seat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Further evidence to support the assertion that all generalisations, including this one, are dangerous....;)

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
Or perhaps the only one that I have known to go against that is.

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
Further evidence to support the assertion that all generalisations, including this one, are dangerous....;)
Having been involved with Yetis since they were first introduced I would wholeheartedly agree with Urrells comment above. It has been said numerous times in this forum, other forums and on various Facebook groups. It is not a generalisation.

if you've only had the car for a few weeks then I very much doubt that you have had time to try all the permutations available with those seats. Perhaps you need to persevere more instead of jumping on people!

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
There was only one position for height rake and position that was moderately acceptable in my first 2010 Yeti, but I did find one. Somewhat higher than I would have chosen, but it worked, so persevere. Ithink the real issue is that the seat squab angle is set wrong for me, and I had to have the seat quite high before it changed enough to be comfortable. As I am 6' tall this seemed counter intuitive, but no really issues as steering wheel adjusts. The rear view mirror does obstruct some of the view forward though.

I have specified the electric seat in second and current Yeti, and it is much better and can find several alternate positions that work for me; I often adjust the lumbar support up or down and in and out during a long drive to relieve my back. However I doubt if these can be retrofitted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having been involved with Yetis since they were first introduced I would wholeheartedly agree with Urrells comment above. It has been said numerous times in this forum, other forums and on various Facebook groups. It is not a generalisation.

if you've only had the car for a few weeks then I very much doubt that you have had time to try all the permutations available with those seats. Perhaps you need to persevere more instead of jumping on people!
You're wrong. It's nothing to do with permutations. The seat is of a poor design in comparison with the ones in my Mk5 Golf, my wife's three previous Tiguans and her current Karoq. I didn't jump on anyone. If you think so, might I suggest you're being hypersensitive. Trust me, I know about hypersensitivity. Why do you think I find the Yeti seat to be so uncomfortable...? :LOL:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So if I might enquire again, does anyone have experience of fitting seats from a different VAG car into their Yeti? As I said, I suspect that VW Tiguan ones, which I find to be fine for me, might be the most likely ones to fit.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have to say that compared to my Smart cars I've always found VAG seats to be like wooden bar stools.

I'm ok with the seats, but one design doesn't fit all bums, my sister can't travel in anything VAG more than a few miles without being in agony - so they have to drive a Ford :poop:

·
Premium Member
5,362 Posts
So if I might enquire again, does anyone have experience of fitting seats from a different VAG car into their Yeti? As I said, I suspect that VW Tiguan ones, which I find to be fine for me, might be the most likely ones to fit.
I doubt if anybody here has changed the electric seats as they are regarded as the best.
My leather seats are the most comfortable in any car I've had.
If you really want to change them take note of the fitting points of yours and find a seat that you do find comfortable and see if the fitting points of that will fit or safely adapt to your Yeti.

·
Administrator
4,537 Posts
Parts catelogue is unhelpful as front seats don't have part number to check for shared part in another VAG marque. Just says "seat, complete part number must be ordered manually by indicating vehicle id number. copy of vehicle data plate must be included if possible"

·
Registered
167 Posts
The alternative is to try and find a company that will re upholster your existing seat?

I have no further knowledge on this other than knowing that such companies do exist. All I can suggest is to google it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts