Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1.2 S Model Yeti. 2 wheel drive. and would like to fit a Space Saver Spare Wheel similar to PETE-N. From enqs. if you order a new Yeti, for £85 the factory will fit such a spare, but the Parts Dept. at Hortons Skoda in Lincoln tell me they cannot order this wheel and tyre direct. They can order a steel wheel which takes a 135 x 60 x 16 tyre but you have to find the tyre yourself. I have searched the Internet and local dealers without success. The nearest tyre available is 135 x 70 x 16.
QUESTION. Any member know where I might get a 135 x 60 x 16 tyre please?
QUESTION. If I fit the 135 x 70 x 16 tyre will the rolling circumference be greater than the 60 tyre?
QUESTION. With a 135 x 70 x 16 tyre fitted. If I puncture and fit the spare wheel on one of the front driven wheels, will this wheel when driving straight rotate at a slightly lower speed to the normal wheel and cause some damage to the transmission ( diff.unit, gearbox, etc)? As I see it the two front wheels will NOT be rotating at the exact same speed.
The 135 x 60 x 16 tyre fitted would not have this problem I think?
John.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
Hi
You did ask this once before and I replied, perhaps you missed the reply I have copied and pasted my original reply below. I think the items (skoda wheel boot floor etc) are still available. The alloy wheel calculator link will tell you all about speed variation amongst tyre sizes.
The original reply was in a thread called emergency tyre repairs.

Here is a wheel and tyre
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-YETI-EMERGENCY-SPARE-WHEEL-TYRE-/170614410995?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b9694ef3
But by the time you add a jack, tool set and boot floor it gets expensive
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-SKODA-YETI-EMERGENCY-SPARE-WHEEL-TOOL-KIT-/180638283138?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a0ee17582
You could buy a used wheel either with or without a tyre. You need to check the number of and spacing of the stud holes (PCT) the rim offset (ET) and the centre spigot hole. Here is a website that will explain what all these are and list what other cars have wheels that fit your car.
http://www.wheelfitment.eu/etwaarde.php
Your could get a jack from a motor factor,Halfords, Ebay,or these poeple who do a hydraulic scissor jack.
http://www2.westfalia.net/search/index.php?suche=fact_finder&suchbegriff_fact_finder=scissor+jack
If you get a smaller wheel it would reduce the cost of the tyre, i.e. from 225/50/17 to 215/60/16. You need to make sure the circumference is the same or as close as possible,this website will help
http://www.alloywheels.com/Tyre_Calculator
Or here is a Skoda breakers yard who may have what you want
http://www.skospares.com/index.php
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Note that the spare wheel that can be ordered with the Yeti is NOT a skinny 135 wheel, but with a 165 (??) wide tyre. Therefore the car hasn't been Type Approved with a spare that narrow, and therefore is potentially uninsured.
Personally I would go for the proper Skoda approved wheel and tyre combination.

·
Registered
897 Posts
The size of the genuine spare is 195x60x16.

The steel rim is 6Jx16 ET50
Edited by: RickT

·
Registered
290 Posts
If I had to buy a spare of that size for my greenline, with a speed limitation, I personally would buy a full size 7Jx16 ET45 steel wheel with a 205 tyre to match and just throw it in on top for long journeys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From FIZZY. Thank you all for your views and contributions. I will be buying the correct spare wheel 195 x 60 x 16. John.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Tech-Yeti said:
If I had to buy a spare of that size for my greenline, with a speed limitation, I personally would buy a full size 7Jx16 ET45 steel wheel with a 205 tyre to match and just throw it in on top for long journeys
Greenline's have narrowertyres for improved fuel figures,
Normal size for all other models is 225x50x17. These are quite big and take up a lot of space to carry as a spare.

·
Registered
897 Posts
fizzy said:
From FIZZY. Thank you all for your views and contributions. I will be buying the correct spare wheel 195 x 60 x 16. John.
Skoda price is £136. I did some haggeling at my dealership and they did it for £120 (Wheel, Tyre & Ballanced)Only 11% off but nobody else would do it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Cannot understand why the Yeti emergency spare wheel kit is so expensive when you can get kits for other vehicles at a fraction of the price.

·
Premium Member
5,078 Posts
Because most other cars use a very skinny wheel.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Exactly, once you factor in the rim, tyres and tools it's actually quite cheap IMO.
Even though it's obviously cheaper to get it with the car. (except Greenline II)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Picked up my Yeti 1.2SE TSIfrom Derek Slacks -Middlesbrough on Thursday and i am very pleased with the car,the deal and the service. I have ordered a spare wheel kit for £230.Can you get a boot liner for the raised floor? If so, how much?Regards

·
Registered
788 Posts
I'm afraid BossFox that that's the going rate for an aftermarket purchase!

It's extortionate when you compair it to the £60 when ordering with the car but I suppose some of the cost could be put down to the fact that the tyre repair kit, compressor etc is substituted when the spare wheel is ordered and hence there is a saving for Skoda there.

Edited by: discosteve

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has this price been increased - i have just ordered a Yeti and asked for a spare wheel and been told the price is £85.00.

·
Administrator
14,219 Posts
jarmar said:
Has this price been increased - i have just ordered a Yeti and asked for a spare wheel and been told the price is £85.00.
It's one pound more than I was quoted when I bought my car, I think that is the VAT included price, but then I got a discount on the cost of the extras as well as the car when I placed the order.

·
Administrator
4,884 Posts
2012 Brochure price for Temporary "Space-saver spare wheel (16") with jack, false boot floor and net programme was indeed£85 RRP. Maybe DiscoSteve had a very generous dealer.
I sourced my yeti from the same source as The Hood and paid £75.65

ô

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have just ordered a new Yeti with a space-saver wheel.Is there room in the void for a full size wheel? If so, could I buy a steel spare and replace the space-saver? If not, where does the road wheel travel in the event of a pucture? We're pretty well loaded up when we go on holiday!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi , I ordered my SE Plus with spare, although the wheel is marked with the typical yellow band with 50 mph / 80 kmh The actual tyre is 195/60R16 89H which is a standard full size steel 16 in wheel. I guess the yellow band is because the normal rad wheels are 17 in Alloys.
I have taken some pictures but have yet to figure out how to upload them.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts