Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
There have been some negative comments made about the Halogen units fitted to the Adventure (Not able to upgrade to better as everybody knows).

Recently, October, Osram released a new H4 bulb and have made some big claims about its benefits. Has anybody any experience of these and just how effective they are? They sound like a no brainer buy?
OSRAM NIGHT BREAKER UNLIMITED H4 Headlight Bulb (Twin Pack)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00EPLCP3U/ref=dra_a_cs_fb_hn_it_P1400_1000?tag=dradisplay0bb-21

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hi, there are a few post on the forum concerning these bulbs... If you search for Osram you'll find them.

I was going to go for the Osram Night Breaker Plus but just saw these. They are quite a bit cheaper on ebay so might be worth looking on there first.

Does anyone know what to look for compatibility wise?

Regards and thanks in advance,

Stephen

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Run the night Breaker + in both my yetis a big improvement over standard halogen, and I have fitted them in my van as well.

The revue is similar to the NB+, don't know about the newer ones but the NB+ do light up the road very well.

From memory (not as good as it was in my younger days
) I paid about £15 for two NB+.

If the bulbs are H4 they will fit 10 min job to change.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
discosteve said:
Just ordered a set from here on ebay - £16.99! Thanks to grimrecruiter for the heads-up
and wakev as ever for tech support...

just looked at your bulbs and although it states H4 if you look further down it states H1.

Item specifics
Condition New: A brand-new, unused, unopened and undamaged item in original retail packaging (where packaging is
Headlight Type Lights Technology Halogen
Manufacturer All Manufacturers
Headlight Bulb Type H1
Model/ Series All Models
Intended Use Replacement Part Headlamp Bulbs

I would contact them and check the bulbs are the right ones

·
Registered
211 Posts
The earlier posts about bulb replacements was covered under the 'Bi Xenon' query in the technical section of the forum. My post is on p2, and covers my change to Osram Nightbreaker+ bulbs. My friend who has a Yeti Elegance with Bi Xenons was so impressed with my Nightbreakers that he bought some for his wife's Fabia.
Mine cost about £20, from memory, from Powerbulbs.

Tim Jeal

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
I have bought a couple of packets of Night Breakers, also from Power bulbs, and have fitted them in a couple of vehicles. I have found them to always be a significant improvement over the stock bulbs and well worth buying. So far I don't have any complaints about them.
Discosteve, as far as compatibility goes then any bulbs that are H4 will fit.

Edited by: plbxr

·
Registered
786 Posts
I've just checked my wifes Yaris and they also use H4 bulbs, so if they are any good and the service from the ebay seller are up to scratch, I'll be treating her to a set for her birthday...

Thanks for the confirmation, plbxr

·
Registered
786 Posts
Bulbs arrived this morning in the post so I know what i'll be doing this weekend!

Are the bulbs easy to reach or has anyone get any tips?

Thanks,

Stephen

·
Registered
786 Posts
I'm tempted to leave one as standard and the other as the new Night Breaker - just to compare the difference. Knowing my luck that will happen anyway as from my past experience there is always one that is far easier to get to than the other...

·
Administrator
13,118 Posts
discosteve said:
I'm tempted to leave one as standard and the other as the new Night Breaker - just to compare the difference. Knowing my luck that will happen anyway as from my past experience there is always one that is far easier to get to than the other...
Be assured that will not happen this time, you will graze your knuckles on both hands

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Drivers side one is no problem, passenger side one is easier if you remove the fuse box cover, just slide the locking clips and remove it. It gives you a bit more room to get your hand in the right place to undo the clip on the bulb.

No cuts or
when I did mine, just keep the old bulb in your fingers and look at where the larger tab is, make it easier to locate the new bulb without rotating it round till it fits, have fun

·
Registered
786 Posts
All done and I'm VERY impressed! There is a country lane that I take on my way home from work and we came that way tonight - just to try them out! And to quote the present Mrs H - "it's like daylight". The beam is much longer and whiter and with main beam on it really was like daylight!!

They were easy to fit and thanks wakev for the tip on removing the fuse box cover. It's very tight on that side and I nearly employed my 7 year old to help but I managed to fit them without losing any skin... or my patience!

Off to order a set for the wifes Yaris now...

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
good to hear you still have all your skin.

Just have to see which bulbs come in the FL now and how easy they are going to be to change

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Did mine this morning - got the old ones out as spares and connected the new ones up OK. Managed to get one side clipped in on both. Could I do the other side on each - swear box full. Just about to give up and go to my local garage who is open on a Saturday morning but decided to give myself a servere talking to for being useless! Simply I wasnt using enough force - a little more welly on the clip and both clipped into place.

Absolutely massive improvement on dipped - brighter, whiter and beam much longer. On main beam - they are like search lights. Well worth the grazes.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts