Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
13,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hood, will you start a thread where members can post when they have symptoms or think they have symptoms, and let us know. Others can keep in touch with support, Its getting scary. It would have more authority coming from you or Snow.
This thread is in response to the above request. This is a sticky thread in idle chit-chat, after things die down the "sticky bit" will be removed to avoid clutter.

To quote Desmond in lost "See you on the other side brother!"

·
Premium Member
4,784 Posts
Edit: moved to “... a personal response”

·
Administrator
4,436 Posts
Thought the idea was to use this thread when someone has the symptoms to report how it's going and get supportive messages.

·
Registered
517 Posts
A quick update.

Well I finally moved and am now just outside Bridgend, Wales.

While the decision was made my family, those that live in and around Kent/London decided to wait until the official announcement that all schools were to close, this affected most of my grandchildren.

One of my son's own a large rambling property so another decision was made, where possible all would move in together and isolate that way.

Fortunately they all get on and the grandkids are just loving it.

I've not been so fortunate and can't live with them as was planed as I am now experiencing Covid symptoms so am self isolating.

I have taken over two rooms in a former guest house belonging to friends of my daughter.

They purchased it a few months ago, I think the intention is to convert to flats, while there is running water power and gas there isn't a kitchen, oven or hob in the building, the two bathrooms have been removed but I do have an on suite. On the bright side I stripped their boiler down yesterday, got that working and now have a couple of hot rads' and water.

It's pleasant enough, dry and functional with the kids bringing supplies as I need or available, left in the lobby.

To be honest I think the owners are glad there is someone in there, it really isn't at all bad.

The kids will bring by hot food, it's a five mile trip however and I can't keep asking or expect that so diet will be mainly a belly full of sandwiches and tea and while I could, I will not resort to cumbyyar and camp fire cooking

As I write this, it is blowing up a wind.

What has surprised me, about 250 yards or so from by bedroom window the road is fairly busy with traffic and a fair amount of walkers too, is South Wales, my neck of the woods not getting the message.

It is lovely tho', there is something reassuring about the sound of large lorries or tractors as they go by.

I had a bit of a lay in this morning, up by 8, woke with a headache and spluttering, not dry but wet cough but becoming persistent.

Looked out of my window, it was breezy, warmish and sunny, what could be wrong with the world then back to reality.

Apparently the grandkids pooled some of their money and asked Mum to buy me a bar of chocolate, Jesuss! I am now the possessor of a whopping great bar of M&M and fruit jellies, T2 can just sod off.

Still, some cardboard noodles, hot tea, a slice of cappuccino roll tonight and finally able to catch up on some reading,--I think my wife would have been proud,--I so miss her.

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
Thinking of you Finbar and wish you all the best. Get better soon. PS you have a lovely family too!

·
Administrator
4,436 Posts
Wish you well Finbar, sounds like you are doing the right thing (apart from the chocolate bar, but understand that). Keeps us posted on how you are progressing and any way we can cheer you up.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Best wishes Finbar. You seem to be pretty well sorted if we ignore the lack of a kitchen. At least you have good support from your family, just remember the distancing when they bring you food etc. :)

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
What they said. (y)

·
Registered
390 Posts
Best of luck Finbar. I'm in Pontypridd working nights in Cardiff, and pass roughly 100 cars on my way in every night, so yes Wales does seem to be struggling with lockdown.

·
Administrator
4,436 Posts
Report I just read states that, after London, Gwent is the worst affected area in UK.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
Best of luck Finbar. I'm in Pontypridd working nights in Cardiff, and pass roughly 100 cars on my way in every night, so yes Wales does seem to be struggling with lockdown.
Police stopped a car up at Storey Arms today, and the people were from Bristol and had come over to climb Pen-y-Fan! And Police locally stopped a car yesterday who had come from Birmigham going to Aberystwyth for ice creams on the Prom!
Around here it is dead. I went into town to do some shopping for essentials around 12 and only saw about 10 people, all who were being sensible about the 2m rule.
And it's lovely and quiet for a Saturday with no bikes screaming along the Llani by-pass.

·
Premium Member
4,719 Posts
Report I just read states that, after London, Gwent is the worst affected area in UK.
They are putting that down to a very large aged population, many who worked in heavy industries that have a known poor health record, such as coal and steel making, plus a large number of retirees who have moved into the area from South Gloucestershire due to cheaper housing.

·
Premium Member
4,784 Posts
Good Luck Finbar. Thoughts are with you.

Any thoughts on how you got it?

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Police stopped a car up at Storey Arms today, and the people were from Bristol and had come over to climb Pen-y-Fan! And Police locally stopped a car yesterday who had come from Birmigham going to Aberystwyth for ice creams on the Prom!
Around here it is dead. I went into town to do some shopping for essentials around 12 and only saw about 10 people, all who were being sensible about the 2m rule.
And it's lovely and quiet for a Saturday with no bikes screaming along the Llani by-pass.
What IS the matter with these morons? Hopefully the virus will clear some of these idiots off the planet, then they can stop wasting our oxygen and put a stop to their lineage of morons! Sorry if my comments upset anybody but these IDIOTS really do Get right up my nose, when I am being ultra sensible and ultra careful, being 74 with a history of previous M.I. and slightly compromised lungs.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Good Luck Finbar. Thoughts are with you.

Any thoughts on how you got it?
Thanks Flintstone,

If I do have it, it's not behaving the way I was led to believe.

How, yes, I pushed it, I took chances, careless, I have myself to blame.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Thanks for all the messages of support.

Woke this morning at 4, the sweating was something else.

My face, my chest, trying to think of a good description.

If you could get inside a bowl of rice pudding or porridge as it bubbled in the microwave, that is what it felt like.

Lungs are ok, breathing not laboured, a bit flemmy.

Another thing, legs and thighs really itchy but have calmed down and awoke to a raging hard on, that hurt. ( no well intended thoughts, hopes, requests, solutions needed. :) )

As I write this, hungry, really hungry, must make something which may account for my stomping headache and may put it away.

Must take BP, taking the tabs' but getting a little worried, sedentary lifestyle at the moment is not helping, must do a few rounds around the grounds.

Right now, sunny and blowy but feeling ok, something to eat, then a stroll.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hi Finbar, sorry to be late with wishing you well.
Was going to say, stay safe, but seems a little late.
If nothing else, you have made us laugh, & also to think about what we are doing, or not doing.
So, all the best to you, & keep us posted as to how you are recovering.
R

1 - 20 of 26 Posts