Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Wishing you well Finbar, I hope you don't get too much company on this thread.
Thanks Hood,
btw, that one liner, 6ft apart of 6ft under.

I used that specifically with two of my grandkids and one of their Dad's, timed it fantastically, dropped it in last night via a family chat over Skype.

Of all the things wrote or the lectures given, to all of the kids, that hit its mark, I know my kids, I know my grandkids, especially these two, the arrow flew and hit, it will make a difference. :)

·
Registered
562 Posts
Had a reasonable night, awoke at 6.30, bloody cough however. Lungs and nose a bit thick, breathing ok.

I'm hot, skin crawling with itch temp' a little high.

Woke to find none of the sockets in the bedroom working, they were, bit of fault finding in order today.

Lovely morning, still and warm.

Lot of traffic about this morning and late afternoon/evening yesterday a fair amount of ambulances, lights on, went by.

Took my BP last night, scared the bejesus out of me.

This morning at 7 took BP, both arms, 3 x per side not to bad the average being 130/80, pulse 80 but I am on med'.

What a lovely morning, sun belting through, that lifts the spirit, gives the vit' D a help to.

You all keep well and safe, it's out there.

Breakfast then time to rummage in the back of the car for my fault finder and neon screw driver.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good Morning,

Time now is about 5.50am, Sunday and there is loud bird song, all of them are in fine form.

Doing OK, persistent, hacking cough and my chest is in full production as a mucus plant.

Nothing wrong with my appetite but eyes and lids crazy with itch.

Electric fault finding was a question of elimination, after speaking to the owners, eliminated the lot, all circuits required working off a split board, tails were pretty ropey, cut those back and used a Henley to extend them.

Promised the owners before leaving I would leave them with safe site electrics.

They have/are put planning permission in to convert the main property into 3 large flats with an extension on the rear and to the sides, 1 x 2 & 1 x 3 bedroom dwellings, all for £375,000, can't see it, budget I think to tight.

As I write, incredibly thirsty been like this for a while, constant coughing probably doesn't help.

Boys are promising to dig out one of our many microwaves, refusing to buy another much to my daughters frustrations and I've told them not to, we have enough of them.

They did the family shopping yesterday, must be enormous, I'm sensibly stocked thanks to them, all mixture of Lidl and ASDA, not sure where they are going, Bridgend, maybe Maseteg or Swansea. must be taking them an age tho'.

Time for a cuppa.

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
My sister is just recovering and had bunged up ears and a runny nose, it sounds like your ears are O.K. as you can hear the birds, how about your nose? The symptoms seem to vary between people with loss of smell and taste being fairly common.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi Hood,

Hope your sister recovers well and you, all of you reading this is keeping safe and sound.

Nose is either bunged up, then it just runs, drys up, runs through out the day but first thing on waking bunged solid, so sense of smell is affected

Appetite is ok--good but taste dull but not sure why and this could be down to me puffing more on my Ecigs.

BP is stable but temperature is averaging highish 38.4C through out the day but can go as low as 36.6c, sweats come in bursts, headaches not as bad as they were and they come and go.

Shoulders and neck muscles haven't stopped aching, not pain, just ache/heavy, very much like having flu.

I don't feel very ill,, I've had TB and double pneumonia, ( that was feeling like death ), don't feel me either just rough overall but eyes and lids very sore--on fire would be a fair description.

·
Administrator
13,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Your first post was eight days ago so hopefully you are over the peak and on the road to recovery. Both my sister and brother in law have had the virus, my sister was the second to catch it. They both work within the NHS but not together and are being chased to return to work although my sister is still signed off (two weeks) and still feeling like she has been run down by a bus.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Your first post was eight days ago so hopefully you are over the peak and on the road to recovery. Both my sister and brother in law have had the virus, my sister was the second to catch it. They both work within the NHS but not together and are being chased to return to work although my sister is still signed off (two weeks) and still feeling like she has been run down by a bus.
Your sister and BiL will know what's best and hopefully in the time both hav remaining to recover they will come on leaps and bounds.

But if still feeling like crap, I see little point in going back to or being chased back to work regardless of how needed.

Each of us are different and feel able and fit in our individual ways.

I'm aware there is a point of return for most of us but this virus takes its toll both physically and mentally and both are as important as each other and reliant on each other in remaining focused.

Worse is to come in a steady drip over the coming months. I'm not sure of other areas but by the volume of traffic passing me, ( 6am this morning ), many have not got the message or don't care enough.

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
I'm not sure of other areas but by the volume of traffic passing me, ( 6am this morning ), many have not got the message or don't care enough.
Thanks for updates Fin.

The list of who are considered “essential workers” is quite long. Besides NHS and other emergency services includes farmers, bank branch staff, food shop workers, post office workers, delivery service drivers, Amazon fulfilment centre workers, etc., etc., etc. Don’t forget truck drivers delivering food and medicines to shops and hospitals also have to get from home to truck depot. too.

Even teachers - which surprises many. Who thought, mistakenly, that schools were closed. Primary schools in particular, where the kids are too young to be left Home Alone, are very much still open, to provide daytime child care and education to the kids of people in the essential categories. And will remain so throughout the Easter period. My SWMBO amongst them.

So the traffic you have observed are 99% likely to be people in those essential categories trying to get to work “as normal”. Believe me - they DO care! And are very concerned to be putting themselves in the line of fire to catch a dose of virus every time they go to work.

·
Premium Member
4,841 Posts
You can also add railway workers to that list Henry.
I've filled more forms in for Network Rail but am still awaiting details of the on-line training.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Thanks for updates Fin.

The list of who are considered “essential workers” is quite long. Besides NHS and other emergency services includes farmers, bank branch staff, food shop workers, post office workers, delivery service drivers, Amazon fulfilment centre workers, etc., etc., etc. Don’t forget truck drivers delivering food and medicines to shops and hospitals also have to get from home to truck depot. too.

Even teachers - which surprises many. Who thought, mistakenly, that schools were closed. Primary schools in particular, where the kids are too young to be left Home Alone, are very much still open, to provide daytime child care and education to the kids of people in the essential categories. And will remain so throughout the Easter period. My SWMBO amongst them.

So the traffic you have observed are 99% likely to be people in those essential categories trying to get to work “as normal”. Believe me - they DO care! And are very concerned to be putting themselves in the line of fire to catch a dose of virus every time they go to work.
Hi thanks for the best wishes Flint.

My daughters say similar to you put the point I was making is missed.

1% is to many imo and percentage wise I feel reasonably sure it is greater then 99% of necessary traffic.

I can't prove it, just thoughts and observations.

I'm not sure why you think I think people DON'T care because that is not the case, there are amazing examples of compassion and kindness happening through out our country by front, key and strangers

My annoyance is reserved for those and unnecessary traffic and their lack of care.

It is a busy road I would imagine at all times, I can't say for sure but do think the road was as busy today as any Monday you care to pick, say last year.

But then again perhaps I have to much time on my hands.

·
Premium Member
3,644 Posts
My friend with dementia (I was his side by side companion) has been in a nursing home for a few weeks. Last week he had a turn, which left him deeply unconscious, so he was taken to hospital until the next day. He was then put in to isolation for 7 days. The poor man has regressed such that he thinks he's back in his native Wales and cannot to begin to comprehend Coronavirus. He cannot understand why he is locked up - what has he done wrong? He had a turn the next night, but the family had agreed that he should stay in the home rather than risk another hospital visit. His wife speaks to him twice a day on the 'phone and a staff member sits with him. I feel so helpless as he's a lovely man and there are many more local people needing a companion, who I cannot help with at present. . However, I've volunteered to make 'Companion Calls ' for a couple of hours a week to keep in touch with people with dementia, have a chat and give them a chance to talk. It's the hidden effects of Covid 19 which is so heartbreaking.

850000 people currently live with dementia. If you are saving some money as a result of the lock-down, please consider making a donation to the Alzheimer's Society:

·
Premium Member
4,929 Posts
Finbar - Are you OK? Been worryingly silent for 4 days.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Hi, Yes I'm fine.

I didn't want to write a blog or something like that on this thread, it will just get borring.

Doing ok, throat is very sore.

Beautiful weather and its warm so i'm warm.

Eyes sore but one of the grand kids said I might have developed hay fever, never have suffered from it, so who knows.

Bizarre thing last night, about 8pm, the sound of horns and drums, a lot of them, for about 5 minutes, no idea what that was about.

Appetite is ok but taste still dull

·
Premium Member
5,364 Posts
Bizarre thing last night, about 8pm, the sound of horns and drums, a lot of them, for about 5 minutes, no idea what that was about.
That was the weekly applause and making a noise as a sign of respect for the NHS.

·
Registered
562 Posts
That was the weekly applause and making a noise as a sign of respect for the NHS.
Thanks Urrell, it was in the distance, I was wondering what it might have been.

I thought the applause was a one off thing.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts