Yeti Owners Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a letter from my dealer today concerning recent press and TV coverage of complaints that squirting goo into a puntured tyre frequently failed to repair it. Letter acknowledges the problem and offers to sell me a spare "FROM just £155 including VAT, fitted free. I'd have been happier if they offered the wheel free, but its a step in the right direction.

·
Registered
862 Posts
When I fitted the spare wheel kit in mine the wheel was normally about £120 and the boot floor and tool kit about £110.

·
Administrator
13,102 Posts
I ordered mine with the car, it was around £84 minus the discount offered with the car and extras.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Was this letter from a dealer or from Skoda UK?

Edited by: Llanigraham

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
From the dealer, on Skoda headed paper. I think its gone to buyers of any Skoda model, not just Yetis, as the price quoted, when you read the small print in the footnote, is for the spare wheel kit (including jack, wrench and wheel holder) "based on model year 2012 Skoda Fabia"..... which means the Yeti kit will be nearer £250 if ebay prices can be believed.
At that price I won't be going for it, besides most of the time I need all the boot space I can get. As my car's a Greenline I didn't have the option of having it as a factory fit extra at half the price, or I might have been tempted.
Does anyone know how much the "variable boot floor" costs, and whether it can be easily put in and taken out as required?

Edited by: slartibartfast

·
Registered
862 Posts
From £65 but the yeti is more expensive, One shop is selling them for £195.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
Just because it is on Skoda headed notepaper doesn't actually prove a thing, as my MOT reminder came on exactly the same, and that wasn't from Skoda.

Sorry, but this is a scaremongering marketing ploy by your dealer.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My Yeti came with a spare wheel already fitted. Personally I prefer a spare wheel because if you are unfortunate to get a puncture, and use the tin of guey stuff to fix it it will cost you a new tyre. Apparantley the guey stuff knackers the tyre leaving it useless. You can get tyre insurance for punctures for about £200, which alows for 5 new tyres. Is it really worth that much money? Its just a thought.

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
The "goo" that Skoda/VAG use can be washed out of the tyre with warm water, however lots of tyre sellers tell you it can't so they can make more money!!
It totally depends on where the puncture is and the size of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts