Yeti Owners Club banner

Youngest Yeti owner?

2K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Kim A 
#1 ·
A bit late, but I'm still quite new!

I've had my Yeti just over a year and I love it. It had just 6k on the clock when I got it last July. Unfortunately a clutch needs replacing and the tyres have perished, both of which surprised me!

I'm still constantly surprised by the size paradox of the Yeti. It's somehow big and small at the same time. The driving position is high, the ground clearance is great, it's spacious front and back with a decent boot. But - get out of the car and you realise it's not much taller than a standard hatchback. It's no longer than the Alfa Romeo 147 it replaced for me. Park it next to a Land Rover Freelander and the Yeti looks tiny!

Anyway, at 28 I'm by far the youngest Yeti driver I've seen in the wild. Is this true across the board? Is the joy of a Yeti, like good slippers and my National Trust membership, something I've discovered strangely early in life?

#4 ·
What Graham is asking in the above post is adding car details to your signature line. Here is a How-to if that helps.

#5 ·
How strange, I can see my own signature with the below details in it, can you not see it?

2016 Yeti Outdoor SE 1.2 TSI 110PS DSG (Moon White Metallic)

If I'm driving tea then Yorkshire will do, but I'm more into making coffee with fiddly apparatus!

#8 ·
I'm not the youngest but at 32 still at the lower end of the ownership spectrum. I'm used to people thinking my car will be driven by someone much older having driven a Roomster for the last 4.5 years. But hey they are practical, cheap to run and touches wood very reliable!

#10 ·
Welcome UGH. Certainly you are the youngest member we've have had. You must have a very wise head on such a young body to have chosen a yeti.

Before others mention it,watch the sunroof on the L&K there has been a number of members who have have problems with leaks (check front footwells for any sign of damp).

Reactions: UGH
#11 ·
Welcome UGH. Certainly you are the youngest member we have had. You must have a very wise head on such a young body to have chosen a yeti.

Before other mention it,watch the sunroof on the L&K there has been a number of members who have have problems with leaks (check front footwells for any sign of damp).
Thank you Snowgood
funny you should mention that as i replacd the sunroof seals about 3 weeks ago at the expense 0f 400 pounds which is fun (lol)
im afraid the car did have an issue wsith water ingress, water dripping through headlining at the centre of the windscreen but a DIY repair seems to have fixed that issue

#13 ·
thanks for your reply, seems to have done the trick as i no longer enter the car to find puddles of water. the car itself is brilliant, enough power witht the torquey 2 litre diesel with a 6 speed DSG box
the dual clutch gearbox is amazing

#14 ·
You take the crown, UGH! What a great first car. I was tempted by the 4x4 myself, it sort of seems like the purest expression of the Yeti, but I just don't do the regular miles to keep a diesel running smoothly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.