Yeti Owners Club banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
My understanding is that it is only AGM and the slightly cheaper equivalents that have the coding. Lead acid ones dont.

·
Administrator
5,262 Posts
The EFB battery I had that failed and was replaced under warranty certainly had a BEM sticker.

·
Premium Member
6,263 Posts
The EFB battery I had that failed and was replaced under warranty certainly had a BEM sticker.
Yup. I found the same on the EFB batt's fitted to both the Fiat 500 and the Ford KA in my "fleet", each had/have BEM code stickers. Then, EFBs are frequently fitted (at factory) to cars with stop/start. As a cheaper alternative to AGM batts. So BEM codes would be more relevant to them.

Both cars have S/S. (Although disabled by me). And have battery management modules fitted to the top of the battery negative post (integrated with the earth cable). Being identical to each other mechanically (other than the KA having A/C).

I suspect it's just traditional / regular / old tech batteries that don't have (or need?) codes? That's what I understood Graham was saying in #21. He didn't mention the acronym "EFB", just the words "slightly cheaper equivalents" (to AGM), meaning EFB.

Reactions: Llanigraham

·
Premium Member
5,508 Posts
Correct Henry, but I couldn't remember the acronym.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts